Friday, December 17, 2010

Dear Diary,

I am so comfortable right now that I don't want tomorrow to come. Inevitably, tomorrow will come and it'll be wonderful. I'll go to work and afterwards canoodle and watch a Woody Allen movie of my gentleman friend's choosing. There might even be popcorn, hey hey hey!
I have felt like I've been on vacation the past two days and it has been so nice. I don't think that it's attractive to complain about or that it makes me cool (because I know other people who do this and more) but I have been working a lot recently and I just hit a wall. The last day that I had off of work completely was Thanksgiving, and that day  (while so much fun) I spent with someone else's family so it wasn't the most relaxing day I've ever experienced. I meant to keep going until Christmas Eve, but I was given a break and I am so grateful.
I am just so grateful right now for the amazing people in my life, and the wonderful people who are constantly introduced to it as well. When I go to work tomorrow I'll see all of my friends at a place that I'm incredibly comfortable at -- too comfortable... shhhh... never get too comfortable.
My housemates are so amazing, the past few nights I've been able to hang out with them, which has been so nice. Hannah and I sang carols on Wednesday and we all watched It's a Wonderful Life together, last night we had a Christmas party (I did not think to invite many people, but had a great time and we killed it in charades anyhow)... today I hung out in my bath robe most of the day... well, that's not entirely true, we went on a field trip to Hannah's work and saw the smallest raptor in America. We've had these just great, incredibly awesome English guys who are doing a months long road trip across America staying at our house since Wednesday night as well. There are three of them and they're very nice.
This post isn't really interesting or funny. Not that they ever are, but I usually have that hope. This time, I just want to remember how this feels later. We did a secret santa exchange--I tried to guess who everyone had, and Kari scolded me, "not very secret" when I made it clear that I brought the bag meant for Flo... Flo also had me and gave me the perfect gift of fizzy water and a huge salad bowl.
Next week it'll be Christmas! My brother and sister will be in town, I hope to see my cousins who live far away and other extended family members. I have not done any shopping. Except my sister's gift. Crap. I am pooped right now. I walked home from a very lovely party that I was incapable of socializing in. I'm hoping to watch 30 Rock or something after this. It'll be nice.
I feel like tomorrow it'll be back to reality, although I remind myself that that is not a bad thing. I'll be sorry to see our new friends go, but they are off to more adventures in much more exciting cities, and I consider it lucky that they ended up in our house in the first place.
I am happy. And so so tired. I need to come up with another plan. I want to. I am secretly, or not so secretly a very lazy person and feel like I am incapable of this much effort long term. But, another more rational voice tells me that I should buck up, I'm just tired and that things will feel more possible tomorrow. Living the sweet life. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment