Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My friend Morgan:

If you are my friend, I have to sing your praises. This is not only because you listen to and share with me, or like me in general (although, thank you) it's easy because my friends are so wonderful, and smart and funny and cool... and I don't mean to treat friendship like it's a commodity that somehow makes me more wonderful or smart or funny or cool... okay, sometimes I do feel more cool because my friends are so cool. It's silly. But that is my failing and in no way detracts from anyone else's awesomeness. MY BRAIN!

Ugh, I don't actually want to write anything myself. I wanted to share something that my friend Morgan wrote that I like very much. I had the good fortune of meeting Morgan right before he moved to Georgia (*hint* to criminals who want to steal my identity or otherwise harm me, I don't live there. Sorry Morgan, now they know! Fact: there is a Springfield in every state in the Union. But, of course, you already knew that). Morgan is awesome. I need to go to bed so that I will be a productive little worker bee *adooorable* tomorrow and will leave you with this, rather than blah blah blah-ing and bad bad writing.

I think this began with me bragging that I had stopped crying in public, or at least at work. This may not translate, but this was his response and it made me very happy:

by Morgan
Impossible pursuits:

-Stop falling asleep (at night)

-Stop sneezing (in spring)

-Stop touching other people's shirts (while hugging them)

-Stop eating soup (out of bowls)

-Stop crying in front of strangers (at work)

No comments:

Post a Comment