Monday, November 22, 2010

That creepy feeling

Tonight I am bothered by that creepy feeling that I sometimes get. You know the one, where you end up sleeping with the lights on because you're sure that the light will protect you from all of the scary things in the dark? No? I was afraid of the dark for many years... actually I am probably still afraid of the dark, I just am able to fall asleep without a night-light now. I was a bed wetter too, but we don't need to discuss that, although I do have a nifty vocab word for you: enuresis. Neat! Another you might enjoy is dendrophilia (nothing related to my own interests there, I assure you).
Anywho, I hate that creepy feeling. It is a reminder that I don't need that there are bad people in this world who do not nice things to innocent people. For the same reason I hate scary movies. I don't need my imagination to be running wild at midnight, thank you. I used to frequent the website "crime library" and read about serial killers- what was I thinking!-- morbid curiosity perhaps, and a terrible idea. I regularly have bad dreams, which is not a direct result, but I'm just saying that my brain comes up with the scaries on its own... which is one of the reasons that I never want to live in a big house because big houses are so creepy at night. It's true.
When I was younger I was afraid of sharks in the bathtub after I saw the movie Jaws (I was not the smartest kid) and was sure that the shadows outside of my window were vampires. My babysitter once told me a ghost story and I was scared for weeks. My poor sister, we shared a room and besides being a slob I wanted to sleep with the light on every night. So my fear has deep roots, you see.
I'm a weenie. That's my point. Point made. I don't want to be jumpy at every noise. I am going to bed and hope to dream about food or boys or traveling and not the apocalypse, rejection, or home invasions.
From Marge Simpson to you (as told by Nick to me):
All aboard the sleepy train
To visit Mother Goose.
Barty's stop is Snoozyland
To rest his sweet caboose.

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to say, I HATED being alone the two weeks the bf was away at work... and I might have slept with the door cracked and the light in the other room on.

    ReplyDelete