Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Angst?

"I choo choo choose you."- ralph wiggum

I am fairly neutral about Valentine's Day, so I really don't have much to comment on it in one way or another. Either I am dating someone and it could be a thing, or I'm not dating someone and it's not,... I remember maybe three or four occurrences on Valentine's Days that I've lived. One is today.

I do know that I once got a toy singing hamster. that was neat. I think he sang, "love machine." I also remember that in 8th grade my sister broke up with her "boyfriend" (sorry to rat you out sita) on Valentine's Day. I was once of the opinion that that was kinda mean, but why go through the charade of any event that's shared with the person you're supposed to love (they were in 8th grade. I mean generally)when you know it's not true (unless you have kids and it's christmas or something). I guess it's kinder... I don't know. Now I'm thinking of When Harry Met Sally, "I didn't want to ruin your birthday." Ah. Love that movie, yes I do.

I do like flowers. Receiving and giving them. "god's decorations," I heard a lady call them. I think that boys like getting them too. More so than stuffed animals. that one took me a while to learn. My mom and my sister both are not big fans of roses. I say why not? They smell good, they look good... at this moment I hate my evening latency period. I just want to lounge around. Immediately upon coming home, I took off my greasy work clothes and put on my comfies. Now it seems like a chore to go grocery shopping. I will just be here. In my disgusting bedroom. With all of the stuff. My room that I loved before I actually lived in it and let my crap take over every part of it. Whew! I think I'm going to watch a movie tonight. And so it begins. Not living my own life and watching other people on the screen do it for me. I kid. I am going to enjoy the heck out myself. Full belly. Soft bed. Let's go. To the grocery store. I need: coffee, eggs, dressing... and sunflower seeds. shelled. For my salad. I can do it. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment